Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Music Thoughts Pt. 1

hello! so today I have album/songs reviews, and opinions on music of some of my favorite, and random singers I have just songs too. there are also predictions for upcoming albums. I really enjoy listening to music, so I thought the would be a fun way to explain what I listen too.

artists I'll be focusing on:

Pt. 1
~~~~~~~~~
Taylor Swift
Ariana Grande
Katy Perry
Cher Lloyd
~~~~~~~~~

Pt. 2
~~~~~~~~~
Miranda Lambert
Carrie Underwood
Hunter Hayes
Lucy Hale
~~~~~~~~~

Pt. 3
~~~~~~~~~
Little Mix
Lorde
Iggy Azalea
Bridget Mendler

extra
Kelly Clarkson
~~~~~~~~~

Pt. 4
~~~~~~~~~
Demi Lovato
Selena Gomez
Fifth Harmony
Gwen Stefani

extra
Avicii
~~~~~~~~~

1. Taylor Swift
though I've never heard her hold a high note, or hold a really long note, I still love her. she's a very good song writer, which is one reason who I bet Taylor is so popular.

over time, I definitely noticed that Taylor has morphed into pop. she definitely use to be pure country especially on her first album "Taylor Swift," (2006) with "Our Song" & "Picture To Burn." T-Swizzle released a holiday album in 2007, which by far doesn't prove wether she's pop or country considering it's, well, Christmas music. most songs were covers of classic Christmas songs like "Silent Night."
I even think her second album "Fearless," (2008) was more of a pop-country (mostly country) kind of style from what I heard. though I think it's a really good album with songs well written, in my opinion, along with "Fearless Platinum Edition" started a slightly to her pop music including "You Belong With Me." "Speak Now" (2010) so far is my personal favorite of her all albums. this album is very impressive considering the fact that Miss. Swift wrote every song on her own, which proves she is talented. "Speak Now" is more of pop-country album, with "Sparks Fly," "Enchanted," & "Better Than Revenge. are little more on the pop style of music, but with a more country blended in with the music. Though "Mean" & "Dear John" prove that she's still country. Finally, to her most recent album, "RED" (2012) (album cover above) IS classified pop-country, I'm starting to believe that she's just pop. her hits, "22," "I Knew You Were Trouble," & "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" shows she's trying out pop music. "Begin Again" and a few other songs relate to her pop-country style.

overall, I <3 Taylor Swift and all, it's just I think "RED" definitely changed her reputation of "the country chick that only sings about breakups" just by twisting up her music. "RED" I think is a very sophisticated album, and very different from "Taylor Swift," "Fearless," & "Speak Now." she's definitely changed and if comes out with another album, which should be released this year (if she's continuing with music or following the "every two years, releases and album" track. I just haven; heard anything about it) will be more pop, which I guess can be a cool change. you?

2. Ariana Grande
what I love about Ari is that she can sing really high which is impressive.

with her vocals that can reach a definite high note, Ari is coming out with her second debut album, "My Everything" (2014) including the hits "Problem ft. Iggy Azalea" which reached no. 1 on the iTunes charts & "Break Free ft. Zedd" which is currently in the iTunes top 10. her first album, "Yours Truly" (2013) is a bubblegum pop, while right now it looks like "My Everything" is going to be a total step up from "The Way ft. Mac Miller" & "Baby I" (from "Yours Truly") just by hearing "Problem ft. Iggy Azalea." (from "My Everything") Ariana came out with "Christmas Kisses" (2013) which was a holiday album including "Last Christmas," which of course is a cover.

There was also an unreleased song that she put on YouTube called "Pink Champagne." she recorded it when she was younger. look it up online! it is about partying but compared to Miley Cyrus it isn't bad at all. ;) it's a VERY upbeat song that can make anyone happy. + it's on more of appropriate parts of partying (just avoid the first line). but I guess it's what you think.

I literally <3 the song. hands down. love it! Ariana Grande's first single "Put Your Hearts Up" (2011) which is also a fun song.

I don't have much to say about Ari, but all that is would be that Ariana Grande is growing up, and "My Everything" will be more sophisticated than "Yours Truly" with it's cute, mushy lyrics (lyrics from "Lovin' It": "love and affection all my attention") what do you think? the songs she released already are a different bubblegum pop. if you know what I mean. from "Right There" (from "Yours Truly") to "Break Free" (from "My Everything"), this album is going to be different. "Yours Truly" I think is a really good album, it's just that a lot of the songs sounded the same. I'm hoping "My Everything" will be different.



3. Katy Perry
I used to never be a fan of Katy's voice, I guess it's because her voice was deer....I don't know, I just didn't like. a little last year and this spring, I really have grown on it. I started liking her songs, and I guess you could call me a KatyCat now.

for all you KatyCats out there, I have to admit Katy makes great pop music. from "Hot N Cold" (from her first album "One Of The Boys" (2008) to "Dark Horse ft. Juicy J" (from her (third) most recent album, "PRISM"(2013) I think Katy has great music, even though some of her songs can be inapropriate for younger people, (sometimes including myself) she also has appropriate, fantastic pop music. "One Of The Boys" & "Teenage Dream" (2010) (her second album. she also released "Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection" (2012) which had more tracks.) have amazing styles of the music itself. like "I Kissed A Girl" ("One Of The Boys") and "Firework," "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)," and "California Girls" ("Teenage Dream"). I don't listen to all her songs, but from the ones I listen to, most songs sound different rather every single song having the same beat & stuff.

"PRISM" I'd have to say is more sophisticated than her other albums by her even stating that on Ellen & with this album released last fall including "Legendary Lovers" & "Uncontionally" to prove. do you? a future album for Katy

4. Cher Lloyd
Cher has a very unique voice, which can be hard to grow on, but it's also a reason to grow on her I've noticed on her second album which was released this year, she used her vocals more and could prove she really could sing. she also raps occassionally, and it just sounds cool. I'm not really I big fan of rap, but whenever Mrs. Lloyd does it, it sounds different and is worth listening too.

I listen to a couple of Cher's songs from her first album "Sticks & Stones." (2012) which was a fun, bubblegum pop album. songs like the hit "Want U Back" & "Swagger Jagger" have upbeat tunes that can really lighten you up. I was excited for second album "Sorry I'm Late" (2014) until I heard the song releases on YouTube had slangs and explicit content. I'm disappointed in a lot of artists these days for singing about stuff that just is plain inappropriate. so, generally, I don't listen to much of Cher Lloyd. though I do really enjoy the songs "Human" & "I Wish ft. T.I." which are actually some fantastic songs.

Cher Lloyd had fun music that can be super uplifting, & put you in a good mood. if I do open up to her a little on "Sorry I'm Late," I'd listen to the clean versions of the explicit songs, or listen for the just the song (rather than the lyrics.) so what do you think of Cher? a predection for a new album (if she's releasing) would have explicit content but still the same pleasing songs with positive messages (as she does in "Human"). her explicit songs are a sign that she wants to she's grown up. instead of singing about her swag in "Swagger Jagger."
-----------------------------------------------------
so basically this series is to explain my taste & opionions in music. I think a lot of artists are heading to a more sophisticated type of music, to show there growing up& changing. :)
____
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment