Friday, May 2, 2014

American Girl: Is it even worth your money anymore? Pt. 1

hello friends! so lately, (well for a long time) Ive always loved American Girl. but I'm getting quite frustrated with the company. first of all, EVERYTHING IS SO FREAKISHLY OVERLY PRICED. gosh, I can't even stand it! if you're confused to what I'm talking about, or mean, well, AG has officially gone crazy when it comes to money. no lie. here's examples.

(click to view larger) so I circled the individual prices of sets, and then used a blue arrow to show the final price. holy Lorde. ;) (obsessed with Royals btw.)

the first outfit: Rainy Day Outfit for Dolls which is a flippin' $58 dollars if you want the boots & umbrella, & the rain coat. um...WHAT??!! okay AG, let's be logical. you end up buying a total of three pieces = a plastic umbrella, a pair of doll "rain"boots, and a jacket. the whole set is cute but the price...not so much. seriously AG?!

the second outfit: Caroline's Winter Coat & Ice Skating Set I can't help but say that this is literally a beautiful set, everything in it looks very detailed and just adorable! the price makes me go absurd though. $54 dollars if you want all the parts in this set. this one will probably a little more worth your money, because the detailing on those ice skates & even the coat looks like it had more thought put in it when being made. (anyone agree?) but it is a historical set, and from what I've noticed most historical items are more detailed.

the third outfit: Pretty Pink Coat & Earmuffs this one is scary. THE ORIGINAL PRICE FOR THE COAT (and boots) IS $34!!!!!!!!! gosh. AND THE EARMUFFS ARE $10!!! I bet you a million bucks the earmuffs are worth like $3. (oh. my.)

yes, all the sets are five-stars, but if is five-stars, lower the price and you'll get more cash off of it 'cause it's five-stars and fair price!

Delicious Breakfast = $58 is this worth your money? You decide for yourself. sure it's adorable but go check out Etsy. or make stuff yourself.

Egg Decorating Set = $32 I saw this at the AG Place and was cute, but the eggs weren't even to scale. the egg looked to small for the doll. hmmmmmm!??!

 Caroline's Hairstyling Set: $18
Kit's Hairstyling Set: $12
Addy's Hairstyling Set: $22
Rebecca's Hairstyling Set: $20
Julie's Hairstyling Set: $24

*sigh* why AG?

Now it's your turn to decide. "American Girl: Is it even worth your money anymore?" I have loved AG for years and still enjoy my dolls, but I've also developed new interests. or even interests I've always had but never put a lot of effort into them. Like drawing, photography, fashion, etc. my friends and I love to pull out the clothing & hair stuff & sets (etc.) & of course the dolls and play for hours for the thrill of it, but now I've reached the point to where I'm not sure if I want to spend my money toward the American Girl Company. I'm still thinking: is it worth it? AG does have high-quality prices but. . .

stay tuned toward part 2! :)



1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Jemma- Grace has suggested that I nominate you for The Sunflower Blogger Award, and so I have- There is more info here: http://jemmaenglish.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-sunflower-blogger-award.html
    Thanks,
    Jemma
    P.S Great post, it is crazy how people can overprice things- It costs about £1 (GBP, I don't know about the price in dollars) to make an Iphone, and they charge people £100!

    ReplyDelete